Sew Many Passions!
You can't have too many cats or too much fabric!

PASSION: I love to share product reviews! After taking a break I am back to help others find great products! I love doing DIY home projects! WORK: I'm an office manager for three businesses under one roof. The bulk of my work is in logistics and freight. COMMITMENT: CATS... I've become a Professional Cat Wrangler! DREAMS: As I near retirement, I have enough machines and fabric to start my own sewing business!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Solar + Mod Podge = AMAZING!

I was rooting around in different blogs to see who else I wanted to follow. I ran across a crafty DIY'er blog that is definitely on my list! I found Amanda's Solar Light project and she hooked me!



She has taken regular, cheap solar lights and inserted the heads in glazed mason jars, then hung them with wire on plant prop rods. NOW HOW CLEVER IS THAT!

I'm intrigued with the colored, clear glass look she achieves on this project! I'm way behind times with crafting, and with each cool craft idea I find the urge is nearly killing me!

Here is another view:



I've got to have that rummage sale I've been putting off and get a crafting area put together. Along with a sewing area. I'm really intrigued with upholstery and sewing crafts too. Plus I need to keep a decent area for my two computers for my graphic design. I need to win one of those Home Organization HGTV opportunities! The top of my head is going to blow off if I don't do something with all these ideas soon!

Check out her blog at The Hand Me Down House to see her instructions.

And here is an UPDATE for a little more info from Amanda on this project: Some Details I Forgot.

I'm going to be all over this project as soon as I finish a few "must do" projects!


I just love Hand Me Down's!

Share

2 comments:

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

You are just WAY too sweet - thank you. I'm so glad that you found me - and I'm SO excited to see the lights you make! Let me know if you put them up on your blog - I'd love to feature them. :)

Thank you again for your sweet comments and the follow - totally made my day! :)

Recaptured Charm said...

Hi There
Thank you for leaving that great comment today at Recaptured Charm. I'm glad you found me too!
The tire planter project sounds perfect for your BF's place.
Thanks for displaying my button, much appreciated!
Have a great day,
Lisa