Sew Many Passions!
You can't have too many cats or too much fabric!

PASSION: I love to share product reviews! After taking a break I am back to help others find great products! I love doing DIY home projects! WORK: I'm an office manager for three businesses under one roof. The bulk of my work is in logistics and freight. COMMITMENT: CATS... I've become a Professional Cat Wrangler! DREAMS: As I near retirement, I have enough machines and fabric to start my own sewing business!

Friday, July 16, 2010

10 Secrets to Thrifting Success via Miss Mustard Seed

I've recently been on the look out to pick up discarded items to re-finish or re-purpose. My mind is going 90 to nothing trying to figure out when and where I am going to work on all these projects! I've ordered upholstery fabric from a great discount source - Twice - and ready to grab a few more new end of bolt cuts!

As I am trying to rationalize all my finds and purchases I teeter between guilt and long-term goals of starting my own side business. I ran across this great guideline about Thrifting Success. This was a great read to keep things balanced in my head as I drive around town with an eagle eye for that Perfect Free or Cheap Find!



To read her fantastic guideline for 10 Secrets to Thrifting Success via Miss Mustard Seed go visit !



If only I could work from home full time to enjoy all my passions! I'm loving this cute little makover! And as she says, if you only pay $1 it does not hurt to experiment!

Share

2 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

I loved when she posted about this table...it was a totally awesome re-do!!!

I can't wait to see all of your crafty transformations :)))

HonestNiceWoman said...

Hi Jodie!
I have so many ideas running through my head and gathering up some pcs to work on as soon as I can find the time and get a work area(s). My home remodel is on hold at the moment and my BF is buying a garage apt (where I spend most of my time).

His home is over his double garage (insulated, a/c & heat!) and I have managed to take over a corner in the garage to accumulate my garage sale items (closed my re-sale booth) to sell at the end of July. His set-up is ideal for pulling garage sale items out early in the morning (and I have too many cats running around) so he was the lucky winner of hosting one! =)

He is a minimalist and I am a hoarder of all "I can use this for something" items! =) With my home in dis-array with the "on hold home remodel", I've asked to use that corner in the garage for sewing and re-purposing. I'm not sure he will give in! He does show a huge interest in re-finishing and re-purposing items, so he might be the lucky winner of hosting my craft area after all! =)

I was taking a dresser to my daughter last night and my eagle eye spotted a bunch of drawers laying in someone's front yard. You have no idea how hard it was for me not to stop and load them up! I was thinking - add bun feet and make them into plush little cat beds! I rationalized that I didn't need to add to the chaos at my house and I don't want to cut my own throat of scoring that corner in his garage before I even have my garage sale!

Hopefully I will have some things to post here come cool weather! We have his daughter's wedding, garage sale, Sturgis trip (yikes!!!) and a weekend get-away to get through before I can re-group to take a breath come mid-August! I'm projecting October I will be posting my first projects!

Thanks for stopping by! And thanks for being my 5th follower! Yeah!