Sew Many Passions!
You can't have too many cats or too much fabric!

PASSION: I love to share product reviews! After taking a break I am back to help others find great products! I love doing DIY home projects! WORK: I'm an office manager for three businesses under one roof. The bulk of my work is in logistics and freight. COMMITMENT: CATS... I've become a Professional Cat Wrangler! DREAMS: As I near retirement, I have enough machines and fabric to start my own sewing business!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Random Goodness Tuesdays!
Organize with Fabric!
Bonus Goodness Week!

Random Goodness #1:
Plastic Bag Keeper/Dispenser

Head over to Sew 4 Home for this handy little tutorial on how to make their Nature Brights Kitchen: Plastic Bag Keeper/Dispenser!

Their tutorials are well laid out and seem to be easy to follow along with! I am a huge fan of their website and check it almost daily!



You can also follow them on Facebook HERE.


Random Goodness #2:
6 Foldable Fabric Baskets


If you don't like to sew then this is the answer for you! These would be perfect for you to experiment with adding bands of fabric or ribbon with fabric glue or Mod Podge! An alternative to sprucing these up a bit is to add flat buttons (thin as possible) to the front of the basket. You would then have the option of displaying them decorated, or not, by turning them around.

At $5 per box you just can't go wrong! Not only can you organize with these, since they are foldable you can also store them away easily when you do not have a need to use these in a certain area.

These come in several other colors as well.




Random Goodness #3:
Fabric Covered Box Tutorial


For those of you who enjoy a little more Hands On Projects, here is a very cute Fabric Covered Box from Handmaiden!

I think this would be nice to give as a gift (or keep for yourself!) to store lingerie in your dresser! It would also be nice for storing saved ribbons and silk flowers from gift bags, special "made with love" pictures and notes from your children and grandchildren, or storing Grandma's heirloom textile treasures.

A smaller version would be nice to store found buttons and other various things for your "repair someday" list. A bright, mood provoking storage box might be something that would catch your attention to help prod you along so that your "repair someday" list won't get too long!

Click on this photo to go to the Tutorial.


Well, today I could not stop at just Three Random Goodness Links as I usually do! I love fabric, and I am on a mission to start thinking about how I will be utilizing storage space. So here are some BONUS Random Goodness Links for you this week!


Random Goodness #4:
Undercover Stackable Crates


Here is a Heavy Duty Stackable Crate System which is fabric covered; posted by Paint In My Hair. This would hold up well in a child's room. It would also be quite useful for organizing mounds of magazines or used in a craft/sewing room.

Click on this photo to go to the PDF Tutorial.



Random Goodness #5:
Seriously Awesome Jewelry Storage


I have saved what I think it the best for last!

Jane over at The Borrowed Abode has a fantastic little blog about Loving and Decorating a RENTED HOME! She has a lot of VALUABLE IDEAS for making your Rented Space really feel like a HOME, without upsetting your landlord!

What's even more, she host some nice little giveaways as well!

Check out her Seriously Awesome Jewelry Storage


The above link is the photos of how it is displayed. If you would like to see how she made it, just go HERE


Random Goodness #6 and #7!:
2 Ways to be Board

~a 2 for 1 link from The Borrowed Abode again!


As I said, Jane has a great little blog! I really enjoyed many of her tutorials. I found many useful projects that I think I will add to my Organization Project List for my sewing room and home.

Click on one of the photos below to view both of her projects for her Fabric Covered Cork Board and her Fancy Dry Erase Board.



Be sure to check back next week for more
Random Goodness Tuesdays!

Feel Inspired? Visit the links below!
Up to 50% Off Hancock Fabrics Back to Basics Sale!
Up to 50% Off Hancock Fabrics Back to Basics Sale


Be sure to visit the link below for the Designer Linens Blowout Sale on Amy Butler Products! Some of the products offered could be used for their fabric yardage at a much cheaper price than buying the fabrics by the yard.


Print Bookmark and Share
Cricut Cake

No comments: