Sew Many Passions!
You can't have too many cats or too much fabric!

PASSION: I love to share product reviews! After taking a break I am back to help others find great products! I love doing DIY home projects! WORK: I'm an office manager for three businesses under one roof. The bulk of my work is in logistics and freight. COMMITMENT: CATS... I've become a Professional Cat Wrangler! DREAMS: As I near retirement, I have enough machines and fabric to start my own sewing business!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Organizing your home, yourself and your life!

I've gone through several HUGE changes in my life over the past 10 years.

I've gone from building a wonderful future in another state, to needing to pack up my home and kids to come back to my home town to get divorced, to go through years of confusion and being forced to buy an old, huge house that was much more work than I realized, to finally start investing in several upcoming home-based businesses.

My family job will close soon due to retirement, and I am determined to work from home so that I can juggle making an income, continued home updating, cooking, cleaning, taking care of family and also taking care of my "animal sanctuary" that I am a strong advocate for.

I've had to re-structure my goals for what I need to do in the "later years of my life". I've had to surrender to the fact that the house will not get completely updated before I have to start my home based businesses. I've had to face the facts that I have worked myself into a corner with all the efforts I have been dealing with and not being organized with an structured system.



I tend to hold on to things that I have recently succumbed to the fact that I really have no real attachment to or purpose for. At the same time with the new direction I am headed in with several upcoming home-based businesses, I'm adding to my "stash of treasures and useful items to re-purpose" that I WILL need and use.

I've recently decided that I need to take the time to think things out with the help of reading books on transforming clutter to organized, functional spaces. In order to find some Serenity and a TRUE Method to the Madness, I need to learn how to let things go and learn how to be more organized in order to find that Serenity.

My goal is to be able to know where to find the items that I need for a specific project - in a split second in order to maximize my Time Management. I WILL be successful with my multiple home-based businesses, and I WILL achieve that through working through the steps provided in books that have high reviews.

But the biggest reason is to be able to juggle my space of the multiple home-based businesses with also having Serene Home Living areas that are not affected by all of my upcoming endeavors.

FREE Organizing Tips at SheKnows.com


The last book mentioned that I have posted here is what I am currently reading, but I have found other books that I plan to read that only have 5 star ratings!

I hope that these books will help any of you that just need a little polishing on your organizing skills but also help those of you that have found yourself re-organizing your lives in a total makeover as I have found myself needing!

4 out of 4 reviews gave this a 5 star rating!
One reader states:
This is a great book that tackles any problems you may have room by room, section by section. It doesn't just address one type of living room, bedroom, bathroom, etc., it gives examples of several different types of those rooms you have have (or want to accomplish) & gives you the tools to accomplish your goals.



6 out of 6 reviews gave this a 5 star rating!
One reader stated:
Jamie goes way beyond the "shop your closet" idea. She has great examples that help you get organized and recoup your cash. All the while helping the planet by reuse, repurpose, and recycling your clutter.
Another reader stated:
Even the most organized person will enjoy using this book, many good hints and ideas. For those more challenged in the organizational field it is a book you will find easy to read, easy to incorporate into your day and hints you will WANT to utilize!!


17 out of 17 reviews gave this 5 stars!
This is a book that I plan to purchase to go along with the book I am currently reading below.

One review stated:
UnStuff Your Life, although focused on providing guidance related to organizing your home is really much more than that. In essence, it's could also be titled, How to Relieve the Stress of an Unorganized Life-- truly a self -help book that I found to be one of the best I've ever read.
A professional organizer gave this review:
As an organizer, I always read any book on the topic of organizing. Andrew's book is in a league of its own! It's so much more than tips and techniques. It is not a band-aid approach but really digs into the root causes of why we let our "stuff" rule our lives. I look forward to passing it on to all of my clients!



Personally, I am reading this book and thoroughly enjoying it. So far I am giving it a 5 star rating.
One review stated:
She explains systems to use, without the need for all of the store bought gadgets I've tried in the past. By following her simple steps you really CAN get your stuff in order and become more productive with better use of your time. Her Three Step System is useful at home or work, and can be used by anyone, regardless of their level of clutter. The time frames that she presents helps you get started and motivated to carry the tips on to completion. You'll learn why you feel disorganized and why now is the time to act to aleviate it once and for all.


Please leave a comment if you decided to buy one of these books to help you or if you have any suggestions for books that have already helped you.


Print Bookmark and Share
Home
Waverly Bedding

No comments: