Sew Many Passions!
You can't have too many cats or too much fabric!

PASSION: I love to share product reviews! After taking a break I am back to help others find great products! I love doing DIY home projects! WORK: I'm an office manager for three businesses under one roof. The bulk of my work is in logistics and freight. COMMITMENT: CATS... I've become a Professional Cat Wrangler! DREAMS: As I near retirement, I have enough machines and fabric to start my own sewing business!

Monday, September 6, 2010

How to Mod Podge a Ceiling Fan!
I soooo gotta do this!

I usually end up finding the coolest projects by surfing through websites/blogs and clicking on links to others - and others - and others. It's nothing for me to have 20 tabs opened at once. And I have found that using Google Chrome works very well for Heavy Surfers like myself!

I was checking out Ana White's Knock-Off Wood (love her projects - she rocks!) and then I looked through U Create - another great site! I saw her link to Young and Crafty and found this Fantastic Tutorial for Blinging out Fan Blades! I soooo gotta do this project!



This week I start clearing out, deep cleaning, repairing screens, priming, painting, etc.... to convert my big living room into a sewing room. Hopefully this will be a one year temporary room. I have a huge Project House that needs the entire upstairs re-done! The room I need to use upstairs (+ the bathroom) is a much bigger project, so this is the next best decision I could make in order to get my business off the ground this year and hopefully start making sales for Christmas around Halloween.

The two fans in the living room are pretty old - I would assume, yet they work great. They are not identical, but they both have an awesome "night light" above the light kit. I just cannot bring myself to replace them. I think the mod podge project here will make them more unified. I also think the project will also add a little bling to my room!

I will re-link to the above tutorial when I post my before and after of the two ceiling fans I will be doing! Thanks Young and Crafty for the Great Tutorial!

Share

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for talking about my tutorial! Can't wait to see what you do. Send me a pic when you've finished it!

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

B said...

Omigosh I ALWAYS have a million tabs open at once too! hehe. I love this fan from Hannah as well. :o)

Unknown said...

Mod Podging a ceiling fan is one of life's little pleasures ;p

Heather Libbey said...

Kelly - thanks for stopping by DIY du Jour! And thanks for the heads up on my button. Will fix that ASAP!

Heather

HonestNiceWoman said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

Hannah I will let you know when I get my project done with your tutorial!