Sew Many Passions!
You can't have too many cats or too much fabric!

PASSION: I love to share product reviews! After taking a break I am back to help others find great products! I love doing DIY home projects! WORK: I'm an office manager for three businesses under one roof. The bulk of my work is in logistics and freight. COMMITMENT: CATS... I've become a Professional Cat Wrangler! DREAMS: As I near retirement, I have enough machines and fabric to start my own sewing business!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Portable Kitchen Cast Aluminum Cooker
~One of the Loves of My Guy's Life!

Right at this moment My Guy is smoking a brisket on his Original Portable Kitchen! Yep, he has the real deal! He did some internet searching to show me videos of their history and people cooking with them so that I would have a greater appreciation for his "out-dated looking" grill. I was quite impressed! They nearly went out of production when all the Webbers hit the market, but tried and true, these guys just can't be beat by a Webber!

These Portable Kitchens are made of the same Cast Aluminum - just new! On the grate there is a small area to lift so that you can continuously add charcoal and soaked wood. Keeping the front bottom vent closed, you have the back bottom vent open along with the top vent that is in the front (at the utensil tray end). This allows the smoke to be pulled through the meat. A water tray is set under the meat to keep moisture rising and catch the drippings. We also slow smoke an array of sausages (including fantastic BOUDIN sold at WalMart!) chicken and cheap to expensive type hot dogs. My Guy loves this grill, and I do too now!



(I will update with a picture if I get around to taking one!)

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

B said...

mmm smoked brisket sounds so yummy! I don't know if I've ever tried it but it sounds yum!

kitchenguy said...

Smoking a brisket eh! I prefer cigars, brisket takes too much time to light. :)