Sew Many Passions!
You can't have too many cats or too much fabric!

PASSION: I love to share product reviews! After taking a break I am back to help others find great products! I love doing DIY home projects! WORK: I'm an office manager for three businesses under one roof. The bulk of my work is in logistics and freight. COMMITMENT: CATS... I've become a Professional Cat Wrangler! DREAMS: As I near retirement, I have enough machines and fabric to start my own sewing business!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cupcake Tree

My Guy's daughter got married last month so we dove in to this cupcake tree project.



My Guy is amazing at figuring out how to do things.


The bracing system he used is shown above. A thin pc of wood was attached to the inside of the outside pcs to make an inside lip. He laid the luan on the lip inside and attached it leaving a 1/2" recess instead of the luan being flush at the top. Once the tiers were assembled he added the wood pcs for support and screwed them to the pvc pipe.

I just spent parts of two days in the kitchen. (no photos)



His sister's came over to do all the decorating. Two colors of wrapping paper were applied. A thin silver ribbon with a sheer center to reveal the blue where they are joined was applied last. The boards to hold the cupcakes are painted silver - the photo doesn't show that too well.


Although the picture does not show it, I added the edible glitter to the grey icing to make it look "silver" and used a blue edible glitter on the blue icing. Nice touch for evening lighting!

I think it turned out pretty nice considering we had no idea what we were doing! I'm thinking we should make more of these up and then decorate to order to sell! I'm not so sure My Guy wants to be on board with this idea though!

Share

3 comments:

Lindy said...

You guys did a wonderful job on the "tree"! It's beautiful and unique and the same time!

Kelly Lamb said...

Thank you Lindy! I love your blog and now following! Your art work is very nice!

B said...

Hi Kelly! Great job on the cupcake tree. :o)