Sew Many Passions!
You can't have too many cats or too much fabric!

PASSION: I love to share product reviews! After taking a break I am back to help others find great products! I love doing DIY home projects! WORK: I'm an office manager for three businesses under one roof. The bulk of my work is in logistics and freight. COMMITMENT: CATS... I've become a Professional Cat Wrangler! DREAMS: As I near retirement, I have enough machines and fabric to start my own sewing business!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Candied Turkey Bacon!
YUM!

I ran across this great recipe and just happened to have bought turkey bacon last night! WOW! I think this would be great to take to a Holiday Party! I think I should make this a Holiday Tradition for my family on Christmas too!

Here is the recipe I found and it is followed by my photos with a suggestion.


Candied Turkey Bacon
by Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body
and adapted from The Kitchn

turkey bacon 
brown sugar 
kosher salt 

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Place bacon on lined cookie sheet, making sure not to overlap any edges. Lightly sprinkle each piece of bacon with brown sugar (about 2 tsp/each) and place cookie sheet in cold oven. Set temperature to 350 degrees and bake 20-25 minutes.

Around 18 minutes check on them. Keep checking on them from 18-22 minutes to make sure they aren't burning (since all ovens are diff. temps). But a little darkness on the bacon is good, you just don't want charred bacon.

Remove the pan from oven and place the cookie sheet on a wire rack. Sprinkle kosher salt over bacon pieces. Once the pieces cooled enough to handle, I put them straight on the wire rack to let them cool completely.

Here is my photo blog making this yummy treat!


Below is when I probably should have removed it from the oven!
This is what you are looking for!

I got back on the computer and left it in about 4 minutes too long! 
Computer Brain - Imagine That!

But the lighter pieces still taste very scrumptious!

Be sure to let your parchment paper extend up the side of the pan. Some of the brown sugar melted under the sheet and created a yucky mess. Next time I will use a cookie pan with a lip and crease the paper to keep the mess inside the quick clean up paper! 



Print Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

B said...

Omigosh I didn't know candied turkey bacon was a thing! Neat!