Sew Many Passions!
You can't have too many cats or too much fabric!

PASSION: I love to share product reviews! After taking a break I am back to help others find great products! I love doing DIY home projects! WORK: I'm an office manager for three businesses under one roof. The bulk of my work is in logistics and freight. COMMITMENT: CATS... I've become a Professional Cat Wrangler! DREAMS: As I near retirement, I have enough machines and fabric to start my own sewing business!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cornice Boards~
For my Sewing Room?

I've been Waxing & Waning over what style of window coverings to use for my Sewing Room.

I ran across an advertisement for the following website and came back to the idea that cornice boards are possibly the way to go with the bolt of Eclipse Kohl fabric by Robert Allen that I purchased.

If I use cornice boards, I will have plenty of fabric left over to make room accessories with, and still have fabric left over to make handbags and their accessories. It truly is a lovely fabric. It deserves to have it's beauty spread around!

There is a gallery of different types of cornices boards that could be made here on Ready to Cover.

I think this is the style I will go with - should I end up doing the cornice boards!


Here is one over on DanteHill website:


I think I will make and paint stationary frames, then make my "cornice faces" removable with Velcro so that I can change out the "look and feel" for different seasons (or whims!).

AND, the upside of this - they will store nice and flat until I bring them back into the room. I will also have the option to move them to another room if I build more stationary cornices.

BUT, as I have mentioned many times, I am a Waxer & Waner! I'm a sucker for nice hardware, so I may end up just doing curtains as I originally planned when buying the bolt of fabric. Creativity is a Killer for me sometimes. I've always said that my mind is like a Gerbil in a Wheel! Go Figure! That's what keeps me interesting and vibrant! =)

Do you have cornices installed in your home? Leave a comment or a link for all of us to check them out! If you have any tips on making or installing, feel free to leave your expert advise!

Print Bookmark and Share

No comments: